Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Text based Basketball sims?

Text based Basketball sims?

What is the best text based Basketball game?

Way back when I liked Lance Haffner Basketball - The Pro Game with all the teams.

http://www.lhgames.com/

But I think there has to be something better these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

Re: Text based Basketball sims?

The only one I can name off the top of my head is Draft Day Sports Basketball by Wolverine. Never played it, but it might be worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Blast View Post
    The only one I can name off the top of my head is Draft Day Sports Basketball by Wolverine. Never played it, but it might be worth a look.
    Thanks. That looks new. Funny the company makes golf and basketball.
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

Quote Originally Posted by daves View Post
    Thanks. That looks new. Funny the company makes golf and basketball.
    They are expanding in the near future, though. DDS : Football could turn out pretty good, and DDS : Baseball is Shaun Sullivan's (designer of Puresim) latest venture.

Fastbreak 2003 is good for just straight up simming, gives every nba award imaginable, records stats forever, keeps an all-time leaders list, computer offers trades and trades amongst itself. But the players are all fictional. DDS, I bought that, it was too hard to distinguish the ratings impact a player could have, took to long inbetween games to sim for my taste and there really wasn't any suprise when the playoffs rolled around. The best I played was jumpshot basketball because you could actually call your plays, but it kept crashing. This game hand an awesome 80s and 90s patch. I got offered Larry Bird for Otis Thorpe and Buck Johnson. Found a free one the other day called UBA, but no computer offered trades.

are there any sim baseketball games that let you go back in time like mogul does and do ammy drafts?

I would love to go back and draft Jordan and play his careeer.

Shaun Sullivan is no longer developing DDS:Baseball as he is now working on puresim baseball, which is now freeware, that's correct you no longer have to pay to buy puresim baseball. For the link to puresim baseball you need to go to http://www.wolverinestudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by fredreed View Post
    Shaun Sullivan is no longer developing DDS:Baseball as he is now working on puresim baseball, which is now freeware, that's correct you no longer have to pay to buy puresim baseball. For the link to puresim baseball you need to go to http://www.wolverinestudios.com
    Yep, it's freeware AND he's updating it regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by fredreed View Post
    Amazing! Thanks. I am downloading now!

Relish this day..

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Blast View Post
    If you like to play your games out it is a fun game. [Of course you can sim also.} It has a 2d engine so you can watch the action. Their College Basketball game is also very good. Some say the best on the cyber market.........................................Z

Anybody ever heard of Slam Dunk Basketball? It is the first sim I remember playing. It is at least 12-13 yrs old. I can't find it anywhere.

Wow, I'm an oldie.

These weren't text based but once upon a time there was a game called Statis Pro basketball. Cards basically. They had these ranges for different results for different players and you drew cards with numbers on them (11-88 I believe) and whatever number drawn you looked on the chart to see what the result would be.

This was back in the 80s and I think they stopped producing that game back in like 88 or 89.

Anyways, that's the first of these sports games I ever played.

Daves is it any good? I've been itching to play a basketball sim for some time

Quote Originally Posted by guidi2009 View Post
    Daves is it any good? I've been itching to play a basketball sim for some time
    Don't know. Haven't played one in a very long time.

Relish this day..

Stellar College Basketball, at http://www.stellarcollegebballgame.com, is a totally free text based college basketball simulation that is pretty good and has lots of old teams.