Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: baseball mogul for mac

baseball mogul for mac

will we ever see a verison of mogul that can be played on a mac without having to download windows. seem to missing out on that market

Re: baseball mogul for mac

Mac. what market?

shutface, I can recommend to you VirtualBox with which I am running BBM2K7 without a problem on my Mac.

A native version of BBM for mac is particularly unlikely as has been mentioned in many threads previously.

well just shows why mogul is on tough times. i myself had used the pc version for years but have switched over to mac. im not gonna download a something else in order to get a program to work whose creators refuse to update with the changing market

It's been brought up a few times before. It's just like the people who are calling for them to release a mobile version, or an iPod compatible version. The market isn't there now. Sure, a few people would like either option, but Clay's not going to work on something for little return.

Quote Originally Posted by shutface View Post
    well just shows why mogul is on tough times. i myself had used the pc version for years but have switched over to mac. im not gonna download a something else in order to get a program to work whose creators refuse to update with the changing market
    Sure the market is changing for bigger companies, but if you go look at smaller companies I'm guessing more than 90% are still windows only. As unfortunate as it is for you, if you want to be able to run the majority of games out there you're gonna have to buy a PC or figure out a way to run it on mac as previously stated.

and when you say 'creators' u mean 'creator' right? You do know its one person? I don't know how long it would take to make a mac version but if it does take a vast amount of time it seems unfair to the community to ask for a mac version until Clay gets more people helping him out or until it becomes more of an issue than it is now.

guess i have to go to the big company of ootp instead since they are mac friendly.

Have fun... a lot of users on here play OOTP as well.

OK, here's a question. Would you rather Clay and Dee (i.e. Sports Mogul) work on building a Mac version (that'd barely be profitable) and barely being able to fix any bugs or add anything to next year's game? Or would you rather they work on fixing bugs and adding new things to the game but you just having to take the time to get a converting program to make the game playable on your Mac?
    ]

i would just suggest using boot camp. developing baseball mogul on two platforms would probably make fixing bugs and such four times more difficult

Quote Originally Posted by metsguy234 View Post
    OK, here's a question. Would you rather Clay and Dee (i.e. Sports Mogul) work on building a Mac version (that'd barely be profitable) and barely being able to fix any bugs or add anything to next year's game? Or would you rather they work on fixing bugs and adding new things to the game but you just having to take the time to get a converting program to make the game playable on your Mac?
    i hsve no faith in clay or dee. seen too many let downs on this site and in game play. i guess not working on bmo or a mac version really gave then time to make bm2k9 a real winner and the lowest rated mogul game yet.

i hsve no faith in clay or dee. seen too many let downs on this site and in game play. i guess not working on bmo or a mac version really gave then time to make bm2k9 a real winner and the lowest rated mogul game yet.
    That's kind of the point. Their are improvements and bugs to be worked on in the PC version so for them to start working on a mac version would certainly lead to more and more bugs popping up in both games...which wouldn't exactly be business healthy now would it?

The "changing market" your speaking of truly isn't that profitable yet. Macs are good computers and are rising in sales but how many of those people are true mogul game players? The video game industry is stuck on windows...as said before not many developers are mac friendly.

BMO was still being worked on when BM2k9 was being put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobsteve View Post
    shutface, I can recommend to you VirtualBox with which I am running BBM2K7 without a problem on my Mac.

A native version of BBM for mac is particularly unlikely as has been mentioned in many threads previously.
    do you just need to download this virtualbox program, or is there some other purchase that needs to be made? im a mac user that would really like to use BBM, but haven't much luck with various virtual systems so far, but also don't intend to purchase a new OS.

thanks.

There really isn't that big a Mac games market to begin with...most Mac gamers are just running PC titles through something like virtualbox.