Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unofficially official Football Mogul 2013 update wants

Unofficially official Football Mogul 2013 update wants

-Draft Editing (Add rounds, remove rounds, expansion draft)
    -Removal of sub 53 man roster restriction in off-season
    -An actual roster tab for the practice squad
    -More cities.
    -Coin toss.
    -Era stat control sliders.
    -Ability to completely control league set up. (#teams, games, divisions, playoff teams,# of downs per possession, # of yards for first down, Field Length)
    -A Transactions list.
    -1960 Start year.
    -Awards, Pro-Bowl ,MVP, ORotY, DRotY.
    -Keep player's pages after they retire.

-The ability to put situational players or regulate snap count/percentage for some positions.
    Some sort of fatigue/playing injured/progression feature with weekly updates.
    I.e. your stud DE is going to wear down a little after playing every snap for 10 weeks. Some sort of scouting report/coaches report to indicate, "Fred Sackmaster is a gamer, but he's starting to wear down." "Player X is willing to give it a go, but his leg injury is bothering him a bit." "Rookie Free Agent RB is wowing people in practice," etc.
    This will work great in conjunction with built-in playing time for subs, etc.

-Better balance of offensive and defensive players in the draft.
    -Career Ending Injuries.
    -Playoff stats.
    -Spike the ball play.
    -Auto expansion/relocation/league structure with option to cancel. (Would you like to add Cleveland Browns to the NFL? Yes, No?)
    -Historical seasons have accurate start year all time stats. (game omits retired players)
    -Better Hall of Fame selecting.
    -Retired Player notification.
    - Hiring coaches who have salaries and bolster various parts of the team.
    - Weather conditions, wind, field conditions affect game play.
    - more plays! and more game-planning options such as "blitz more on third and long or play coverage" "go for it on fourth-and-1 inside the 5 yard line" etc.
    - Slower draft for greater draft day dynamics.
    - Draft buzz/uncertain scouting on rookies in draft.
    - smaller roster size. Maybe 60-65 would be good. Maybe editable roster sizes?

What else would you like?

Please sticky!
    Last edited by Jayeburgh; 05-02-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Yeah, I'm from Pittsburgh. I love both our sports teams.

Re: Unofficially official Football Mogul 2013 update wants

How about transactions, like in BM?
    And I would also like to start in 1960. 1940 would be better, but I would settle for 1960 (and of course, be able to play the AFL too!).

I'd love awards, Pro-Bowl and such. Also keep player's pages after they retire. The ability to put situational players or regulate snap count/percentage for some positions.

What about individual playoff stats?

bump.

-- Some sort of fatigue/playing injured/progression feature with weekly updates.
    I.e. your stud DE is going to wear down a little after playing every snap for 10 weeks. Some sort of scouting report/coaches report to indicate, "Fred Sackmaster is a gamer, but he's starting to wear down." "Player X is willing to give it a go, but his leg injury is bothering him a bit." "Rookie Free Agent RB is wowing people in practice," etc.
    This will work great in conjunction with built-in playing time for subs, etc.

-- Hiring coaches who have salaries and bolster various parts of the team.

-- Weather conditions, wind, field conditions affect game play.

-- more plays! and more game-planning options such as "blitz more on third and long or play coverage" "go for it on fourth-and-1 inside the 5 yard line" etc.

Bump.

More plays and an online mode similar to Football Manager here in the UK...I'd love to hook up with other players in an online league.

Allow for the control of roster number limits. During the draft, you can only go to 100. This is not enough. Please allow for the removal of this restriction. Thank you!

id like harder caps on roster size. 100 is too much in my opinion. there are hardly ever any (good) free agents because teams dont need to cut anybody. i end up building successful teams just through drafts and never, ever sign a free agent, which is pretty unrealistic.

Maybe let us choose the roster limit in commissioner mode; with 52 as a minimum and infinite as a maximum.

The one wish I'd have for Football Mogul 2013 would be a much improved and slower draft. For me the most interesting and strategic part of the draft is teams trading up for a player they're in danger of missing. The way it is at the moment you just have your pick and hope that the player you want is still there... Just a thought is all

An odd request I would like to see another element thrown into the draft, at the moment most teams draft knowing the true value of picks it would be nice if there was a modifier like "buzz" or something that would modify where some players are taken. For instance if I am simulating the draft that had Ryan Leaf and Manning I would like to see Leaf go very high in the draft since the "buzz" or what ever you want to call it at the time had people thinking he was on par or even better than manning. I think it would make for a more interesting draft experience.

A nice element might be that the higher the buzz modifier the more excited the fan base and the lower the buzz rating the more angry the fan base gets. (Fan loyality drops or raises) That way there is a motivation to the player to reach on one of those players with a high buzz rating.

Also please figure a way to fix the broken trade logic on draft picks. The AI doesnt value them properly

Quote Originally Posted by Minotauri View Post
    i end up building successful teams just through drafts and never, ever sign a free agent, which is pretty unrealistic.
    Are you Ted Thompson?
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.
    Abraham Lincoln

How about adding the following:

1- Online multi year franchise league with players aging ect...
    2- Ability to play head to head online
    3- some graphics (does not have to be great 2d is fine)