Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: HoustonGM's Baseball Mogul 2013 Rosters

HoustonGM's Baseball Mogul 2013 Rosters

Latest Update: May 11, 2012
    5/11/12: Includes real life 2011 lefty/righty split statistics (career is wrong), minor fixes and added players

Please read both this post and the ReadMe file that is included with the rosters before asking any questions.

• PLEASE READ THE README FILE BEFORE USING THE ROSTERS.

• NEW FOR BM2013: All you need to do to use my rosters is unzip the attached file into your Baseball Mogul 2013 folder, overwrite any existing files, and start a new "Modern" game!

• Please note that the rosters are all auto-sorted. I tried my best to make minor tweaks to the ratings in order to best approximate the real life Opening Day rosters. However, I'm not going to compromise the realism of individual players in order to get the auto-sort to accurately sort the players as they are in real life, so there are instances where a player is in the minors when he should be on the bench, on the bench when he should be in the minors, starting when he should be on the bench, etc. This also goes for minor league players and the level they are at.

Other than that, please post any inaccuracies you may find, such as with biographical information, players being on the wrong team, etc. Also, if you think my estimated injury times are off, please post with links to back it up to confirm what you think they should be.

• If you would like to donate a couple bucks, you can do so here to my Paypal account. Thanks!

Suggested Mods:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by HoustonGM; 05-18-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Re: HoustonGM's Baseball Mogul 2013 Rosters

Here's a question: How should mutual options be handled? Currently, the game does not have support for them. In the past, I just didn't include them. Should I include them as a player option? Team option? Or what?

Maybe both?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing6 View Post
    Maybe both?
    If I do that, it would function as "For the option to be picked up, one of the two has to accept," which I guess may be closer to the real life "Both must accept" than "The team must accept" or "The player must accept."

I'm just glad you decided to make your rosters again this year. They are consistently accurate, and almost always my default rosters when I run a current franchise.

Are we actually going to have to play with the default rosters? Sounds like a year of playing historical games then

Quote Originally Posted by etothep View Post
    Are we actually going to have to play with the default rosters? Sounds like a year of playing historical games then
    I'd like to get them done but at the rate I've been going (I've finished 2 teams so far in about a week), it'd take me a few months to finish... Hopefully I can find the time/desire to sit down and bang out a few teams in a day, but it's a tedious process, and I don't have a ton of free time to edit.

Be warned: most of HGM's tweets are him complaining about being bad (he calls it unlucky) at magic.
    Active Dynasty
    Meeting Success: A New Regime - Follow us as etothep chronicles me and eddie's efforts to bring a championship back to Queens

Paused Dynasties
    The Goose continues the Hawk's battle for Capital Hill
    Une Rève Réaliser: Les Expos de Montréal (1969-)

Retired Dynasties
    The San Diego Padres, into a Friar Destiny (with Jeffy25 and Ragecage)
    A New Era Takes Flight - The 2008 Toronto Blue Jays
    The Blue Birds: A new Era

Are you using a beta 2013 version of the game to update?
    Is there some part of the process you can hand off to me?
    I have MS excel 2003
    Pete's 2014 - OPENING DAY Rosters for BM09 & BM10 & BM11 & BM12 & BM13 & BM14 (and YES even BM15)

https://app.box.com/s/qzxkzigwqmtjn6qy0x82

NEW LINK for the 1975 Full Season Photo Pack (839 pics)
    This pack includes every player that played in 1975 (except for 9 players).

https://app.box.com/s/9cr7v6c1hg23i84cn7a5

Quote Originally Posted by Pete4256 View Post
    Are you using a beta 2013 version of the game to update?
    Is there some part of the process you can hand off to me?
    I have MS excel 2003
    Yes, BM 2013.

I don't use Excel for any editing outside of the rosters.csv file, and also prefer to do everything myself for my roster set. Thanks for the offer, though.

Thanks again Houston. Without your Rosters, I wouldn't even bother. Still bewildered how the concentration has become more on graphics, less on realistic sim.

As for your question, make them team options. That way the human controlled team gets to execute the deal. As discussed in another post, the A.I. never, ever, ever exercises options (team or player). It only knows extensions.

I have just been sticking with what I've done in previous years and haven't included mutual options.

Any chance these will be done for the April 3 release?