Thread: AI Amateur Draftees Sort

AI Amateur Draftees Sort

After the amateur draft, the AI teams don't seem to sort the new draftees correctly, with various young draftees being placed into AAA. This happens with a couple pitchers on each team, and a handful of position players. It's a significant issue because it ends up resulting in these guys being September call ups in September and getting MLB action far too early.

Auto-sort via Commish Mode seems to work fine, but the computer-controlled AI teams sort differently. I'm going to test this soon with Perfect Scouting on.

Re: AI Amateur Draftees Sort

Odd... I'm watching this as part of my normal game but now it seems fine, just a few days after the draft. In testing, I saw it at the same time as I'm at now. Weird. I haven't changed any settings that would affect this (I was planning on testing Perfect Scouting after seeing how it sorted this time, so scouting is still default). Still gonna keep an eye out.

I did not get this issue. All my new draftees were sent directly to Rookie.

My problem, even using controls in moving minors, is that some players get left down way too long, and some that should be moved down do not. If they can't move them down, they should be released, but certain teams hang on to players to the point of ridiculousness.

I have the same problem.

I see this all the time. I've noticed that it only happens to the fictional players in the draft, not the real players.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

After not seeing this for the first few years of my game, it seems to be happening again in 2015.

This is happening all the time in my City of Origin game--mostly to fictional rookies, but occasionally to historical players. I have to "Sort Minors" anyway in the game, but if I didn't I could have players rated at 50 or lower getting September callups (I've got fictional rookies at -20% so that populous areas don't get bonuses for just putting pretend players on the bench, but it also makes some of the fictional players comically bad).