Thread: New stadium predictions.

New stadium predictions.

I am thinking the A's will move to San Jose by 2016 and get a nice stadium. Simwise under current city editor, San Jose has double the population so should be a fun trial move.

I also think that TB Rays will move to downtown Tampa by 2017. They have at least 15 more years under their current contract with St. Petersburg, but that stadium is leaking not only water, but money as well. Simwise, under the city editor, nothing changes, but an improved, small sized stadium with excellent access should increase revenues.

If I am going to change these venues, I am only going to edit existing and make changes, plus maybe add in some new stadium graphic files. Build new stadium should never be touched.

As for others, I am thinking LA Dodgers and maybe Braves down the road.

Re: New stadium predictions.

I enjoy this part of the game immensely. Those sound like good predictions, although I don't know if I would build new stadiums for the Dodgers and the Braves, just improve their scores in the Stadiums file. Keep us (me) posted on any results you see from any changes you make!

Re: New stadium predictions.

I have moved the A's to a new stadium in 2015 in San Jose. I improved the stadium, kept OAK in league editor to keep the logo, and moved them up 5% on interest level from -15 to -10. The attendance jumped, but ticket price remained constant which was great. They now have been getting better slowly over 2016-2019 and are no longer stuck in the rut forever. I think that the extra million or so people listed for San Jose over Oakland does make a difference beyond improvements to the stadium. It is unlike Build New Stadium where ticket prices go thru the roof and they have a huge budget quickly. Their budget has gone from about 50m to about 87m.

My next trial is the Rays. They will not jump cities, just move from St. Petersburg to downtown Tampa (no difference in city editor). I will improve the stadium, make it good- excellent on convenience (I take this as getting to the park), increase seating a bit, and put in a retract roof. I have played them over the last 6 seasons, won 3 WS, got fan interest level from -15 to an even 0, and got an attendance bump from 13k to 19k. I will let you know on this. If you are playing TB, to keep them in this stadium as the rest of the AI goes crazy on salaries is crazy.